Monday, August 9, 2010

Diary of an Old Soul-George Macdonald

This morning I was reading a passage for August 5th in George Macdonald's book, Diary of an Old Soul. It went like this...

I have no choice, I must do what I can;
But you do to me, and all things else as well;
You will take care that your child grow a man.
Rouse thee, my faith; be king; with life be one;
To trust in God is action's highest kind;
Who trust in God, his heart with like does swell;
Faith open all the windows to God's wind.

This is my revised version without the thees, thys, dost's and so forth.

What struck me this morning was the last phrase, "Faith opens all the windows to God's wind (Spirit?)." Yesterday I talked about what we believe and why are we waiting. And then today I read a passage that I should have read last week but busyness kept me from it. What a wonderful God we worship who blesses us everyday even when we forget to thank him for his blessings.

Thanks be to God for his grace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment